web analytics

Crafts 1, Brenna 0.

I am not very crafty, I never really have been and this was proved last night when Nickie and I attempted to tackle making 100 pretty paper roses.  After a half hour of toiling, we had completed a grand total of… two.  And let me tell you, they were not pretty.

This is what they were supposed to look like:

But these were the deformed creations we ended up spawning forth:

^^;

There was a some heavy self-deprecating LOLing and I made the executive decision to abandon the idea of paper flowers.  I think this lesson has taught us that, when in doubt, stick with good ol’ tranditional bubbles.  Or maybe fake dollar store roses if I can find enough.  Either way, some times a craft project is just doomed for epic fail before it ever really begins.

On the upside, utilizing a few of the now useless 100 green chenille stems we had sitting around Nickie produced a rather rad pipe cleaner dinosaur, so it wasn’t a complete wash.  Rowr!

Comments (7)

Liz HarrisApril 17th, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Don’t laugh but I actually can make those flowers and I am good at it. Shocking I know. Especially since I am not a very crafty person. I am sorry I live so far away otherwise I would come over and help. My great granny use to make paper flowers all the time.

BrennaApril 17th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Gah, why don’t you and Sean live closer? *Strangled noise* It’s okay, I’ve come to terms with my lack of flower-making skills. I have many other good qualities, I swear! *Pouts*

MomApril 17th, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Bren, you make me laugh!!! So what are you going to do?? I say something that is little work will always be the best. I like the bubbles idea and have a Micheals coupon for this week. All is not lost though as I really think that you should bring the green dinosaur to the reception and it should sit on your table somewhere:)

BrennaApril 18th, 2011 at 9:11 am

Agreed on both the idea of bubbles, as well as the idea of bringing aforementioned rad dinosaur to sit proudly at our reception. I think he deserves a place of honor for being the only awesome thing produced that evening.

That Sister PersonApril 18th, 2011 at 10:57 am

You should make another dinosaur. Then we can put a top hat on one and a veil on the other.

I’m not even kidding about this.

BrennaApril 18th, 2011 at 11:14 am

Hahaha, well I’ll have to check with Nickie to make sure he’s even still around, hopefully she didn’t just toss him away. D:

commercial window tinting in arvadaApril 9th, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I don’t know if it’s just me or if everyone else encountering problems with your
site. It appears as if some of the text in your content are running off the screen.

Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is
happening to them as well? This might be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen before. Kudos