My rabbit, the escape artist.

Monday, August 11, 2008 -- 12:10 pm
Mood: 13 Hungry for lunch

Toby has shown himself to be a little Houdini in the making. This morning while I was getting ready for work and Toby was enjoying his morning exercise in his playpen, he leaped clear over the fence! I came into check on him after hearing a loud *THUMP!* and found him staring up at me innocently on the wrong side of the pen! So tricksy... Priority one tonight: increase the panel height. T_T

This past week I also introduced Toby to his first treat of vegetable~ I was so excited, I decided to start off with the classic carrot; I had my camera all ready to snap this bunny's-first Kodak moment... Only Toby refused to touch the carrot. Turns out he doesn't like them at all, or at the very least objects to the stereotype. Thankfully the next night we tried a bit of romaine lettuce and he happily chowed down on that~ *SO CUTE*

For anyone who doesn't know, I just came back from a vacation to B.C. with my sister to visit our brother and sister-in-law~ I don't really see any point in retailing every point of the holiday here since Chelle summarized it pretty well on her blog here; but a long story short, we had great fun times with the exception of the driving parts.

Mason and I went out to Jubilations with Dan and Ash last night to see Grey's House of Anatomy, and it was awesome. Probably up in my top list of Jubilation shows we've seen~ I probably didn't catch all the Grey's Anatomy inside jokes, but the actor who played House was spot-on! I practically wanted to run up and hug him while he beats me off with his cane as much as I want to corner Hugh Laurie himself. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it~ Speaking of which, man do I want to see season three! >_< Someone needs to buy the DVD's so I can mooch off them to watch! I'm thinking of maybe volunteering once a week at the new Edmonton SPCA on 137th Ave when they finish building it and get it opened, whether it be in the form of walking dogs or cleaning out cages. Would anyone else be interested?

Amanda says:
August 11th, 2008 -- 2:15 pm

I would interested in volunteering, where on 137th would it be?

Brenna says:
August 11th, 2008 -- 2:22 pm

This is their fundraising site for the new building on 137 Avenue and 163 Street, so pretty close to St. Albert.

They have a list of volunteer positions on their regular site. I wouldn't be able to do any fostering or anything, but any other way I could help I'd love to~

Sean says:
August 11th, 2008 -- 7:08 pm

It looks like Toby is choking on that lettuce... Maybe he needs a little Ceaser dressing to help it go down...like his mother...

Mwa Ha!

Brenna says:
August 11th, 2008 -- 7:49 pm

Pfft. He's not choking, his joygasming clearly. Romain lettuce is that tasty, with or without Ceaser dressing (which he most definitely shall be denied. Only I am allowed to get fat on salad dressing.)

Nickie says:
August 15th, 2008 -- 3:35 pm

I want to build Spook a large NIC cage. And by large I just mean to add another story to it, maybe with a second level hangout. So then he can roam free, all day.
(even though Brock keeps leaving him out accidentally)

Brenna says:
August 15th, 2008 -- 3:44 pm

So do I! I'm seriously considering taken down his play pen and just making a giant cage with a built-in play pen instead. I need some more NIC panels though, probably just one more set to make a suitable bunny condo~